Fuel is the second-largest expense of any fleet program, second only to asset depreciation. Considering fuel makes up nearly two-thirds of operating costs, it’s vital that managers have the tools they need to help ensure that this critical part of their fleet is monitored closely. Although the actual price of fuel may be out of our control, we do have the ability to control how much fuel fleets are using by implementing sound practices for fuel management.
That control comes in the form of fleet fuel cards, which are specifically for gas, diesel and other fuel payments at gas stations. They eliminate the need to carry cash or submit expensive reports for reimbursement. They also give fleet managers tools to set controls, limits, and receive comprehensive reports on business-related expenses — and offer money-saving opportunities like rebates.
Without these fleet gas cards, fleet managers often pay more for fuel than they should. Credit card skimming accounts for $500 million lost to fraud every year. Other concerns include card misuse by drivers, like loaning cards to friends or spouses, or regularly buying non-fuel items like cigarettes or drinks.
Adding a fleet fuel card, also called a business fuel card, can mitigate fraud, optimize fuel use and ensure gas station purchases are only going toward fuel for your approved drivers. You’ll find a lot of benefits from going with fuel cards, co-branded with industry leader WEX, as opposed to going directly to card providers.
FLEET FUEL CARDS GIVE YOU MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.
- Upload your fuel transactions directly into the Mike Albert System and get integrated fuel data, quantifying your total cost of ownership.
- Receive access to a direct customer service line access with WEX.
- Save money with rebate opportunities and reports benchmarking fuel transactions.
FLEET FUEL CARDS GIVE YOU CONTROL OVER YOUR MONEY.
- Get cost-per-mile and miles-per-gallon analyses to inform how your vehicles are performing.
- Set controls to restrict purchases by fuel limit, day, time, dollars, frequency or product.
- Configure alerts that notify you of unauthorized purchases.
- Manage your driver identification numbers and expenses to prevent unauthorized fueling
FLEET FUEL CARDS INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY AND CONVENIENCE.
- Use our mobile fuel app to find real-time price per gallon based on driver parameters.
- Review all fuel purchases and manage drivers online.
- Give drivers the freedom to fuel up at any major U.S. gas station.
FLEET FUEL CARDS MAKE MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION EASY.
- Get a single, consolidated invoice for all drivers’ fuel expenses.
- Cut out administrative time spent on reimbursements and fuel expense reports.
- Track trends in pricing, maintain the data, and report on it.
- Reduce the risk of fraud and control costs for your fleet program.
FLEET FUEL CARDS ARE SIMPLE TO SET UP.
- Contact us to fill out a credit application from one of our transition managers.
- Once approved, our transition manager will set up a conference call together with WEX to review account setup details.
- The transition manager will ensure all your vehicles that require a fuel card will be set up in the system.
Whether you run a massive fleet or can count your vehicles on one hand, our co-branded fleet fuel cards will save you money. The best fleet fuel cards work for companies of any size including large or small fleets, small businesses and new businesses. Don’t believe us? Check out our fuel savings calculator and see for yourself.
But our managed fuel card program isn’t our only offering that saves you money at the pump. Take a look at our other service offerings.